Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Bangkok Trip~Day 1(14.01.2009) ~ Suk11-Backpackers Hostel


Photobucket I was so worried that I couldn't wake up the next morning, so I woke up early on this day. After I made sure everything included passport was ready, I drove to fetch Daniel and waited for Berry came to pick us to LCCT.

Waiting in McDonald with exciting feeling

Daniel & Me

Alfred, Berry & Me

Illegal shot when walking to our plane


After 2 hours flight, finally we have reached Suvarnabhumi International Airport, Bangkok. Photobucket

Nice giant statuette


Photobucket I felt we have been cheated for taking this taxi. When we reached our destination then only he said that one person 100 bath. So, anyone that will go Bangkok, must be careful on taxi driver there. You must make sure you ask the price first before get your butt into it.

Stupid taxi


Forget the stupid taxi, so now I will like to introduce Suk11-Backpackers Hostel. It is located at Sukhumvit Street and opposite the Hotel Ambasador. I shared a twins ensuit with Berry, only 900 bath per night. This is a very basic accomodation with air-cond and water heater. You just need to bring own shampoo and a lock for your room. They will provide simple breakfast in the morning. This hostel is very strategic because just a few walks you will reach station Nana for BTS Sky Train.

Outside of Suk11

This is Backpackers Hostel

Reception area

Waiting area/dining area

Another dining area

There is a caltural restaurant just outside the hostel


At first, me and Berry was designated to Room 215 but we felt uncomfortable with the stairs case inside the room. It seems like someone can come down from there. Then we decided to change room with Daniel but I forgot to take photo of it. Other people say we are bad o. Photobucket Anyway, it almost the same as normal bed room.

Many people left their signatures on the wall

Corridor to my room

My first room

The toilet is clean


Overall, this hostel is comfortable and recommended for those budgeted trip.

Me & Berry


PhotobucketTo be continued...

6 comments:

sock peng said...

怪不得有段日子没有你的消息!!

Yih Yann said...

Me bz with work and trip...but I will make sure I update myself on your blog :)

lcfu said...

我也要再回去泰國玩~~~

Yih Yann said...

If your heart say want go then just go...our life is short...time won't stop or wait for you

Anonymous said...

Im planning to go to Bankok in May woo hooo, i just a few weeks time!!My dear friend was at SUK11 when there for 3 month backpacking holiday, said it was GREAT. ( hense why I am going now...haha)
Thanks for posting your little page, it has made me feel more confident about going, as I am traveling alone....WOW What an expeirience this will be!! :-)
so true!! Life is to short, so we shud all make the most of it while we can!!!

Yih Yann said...

---> Anonymous : Staying in Suk 11 really is a great experience. I will go stay there again if I go to Bangkok again next time. Hopefully the politic status will going to be stable when you go there in May.

Related Posts with Thumbnails