Monday, June 6, 2011

Hong Kong Trip-Lantau Island(大嶼山)

After our full dim sum breakfast, we headed to Lantau Island(大嶼山) via MTR and cable car, Ngong Ping 360.

Photobucket
Normal price for round trip is HKD115 but I got it with special price.

Photobucket
Just walking distance from MTR and you can reach the cable car platform

Photobucket
The cable car

Photobucket
But actually it's quite scary Photobucket

Photobucket
The Giant Buddha(天壇大佛)

Photobucket
You can walk there if you want using Ngong Ping Trail

Photobucket


The whole cable car experience took about 25 minutes. Honestly, I think it was quite a scary experience especially the cable car was crossing the sea because I don't know how to swim. I can't imagine if something happen in the middle, how I going to save myself. Further, the journey kinda long and gave you time to think of the negative things.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Ngong Ping Village

Photobucket

Photobucket
Bodhi Wishing Shrine

Photobucket
The winning team is here

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
You need to climb 268 steps to get closer to The Giant Buddha(天壇大佛). Honestly, I didn't do so. Photobucket

Photobucket
Then, we go to Po Lin Monastery(宝莲禅寺) to pray. You can buy joss sticks with HKD20.

Photobucket


Although I didn't climb up to the Lantau Peak but I'm glad that I was there to pray one of the five large Buddha statues in China. I'm physically can't knee down but I was praying with my sincere heart for my family. Photobucket After praying, we went back to Citygate Outlets for shopping.

Photobucket

Photobucket
I have Xiao Long Bao(小笼包) after walking for so long

Photobucket
Have early dinner before heading to The Peak


I always heard from TVB drama that they talk about eating vegetarian at Lantau Island(大嶼山) and I was there myself. It's good to have religion and praying is good when you can't find solution. We are only human and there are a lot of things that out of our controls.

2 comments:

Kyril D. Soul-X said...

=D so nice trip!

Yih Yann said...

@Kyril D. Soul-X: Yeah...will go back again next time.

Related Posts with Thumbnails