Monday, October 10, 2011

My Tribute to Steve Jobs: Stay Hunger. Stay Foolish

Photobucket


Everyone sees Steve Jobs as a genius, inventor and entrepreneur but I see Steve Jobs as a fighter.

In 2004, Steve Jobs has been diagnosed with a cancerous tumor in his pancreas and the doctors told him it was a type of cancer that was incurable. He even been told that he should expected to live no longer than three to six months. After biopsy, the doctors declared that the pancreatic cancer can be cured with surgery. Therefore, he has the surgery to remove the tumor and he lived after that. In 2008, Jobs's health seems uncertain and Apple officials stated Jobs was victim to a "common bug" and he was taking antibiotics. Later in 2009, Jobs underwent a liver transplant and his prognosis was excellent. After one and half year Jobs returned from his liver transplant in 2011, he has been granted medical leave and he stated that he should focus on his health. On 24 August 2011, Jobs resigned with the following statements.

“I have always said if there ever came a day when I could no longer meet my duties and expectations as Apple`s CEO, I would be the first to let you know. Unfortunately, that day has come.”


On 05 October 2011, Jobs died at his home due to complications from a rare form of pancreatic cancer.

My mood was affected by the death of Steve Jobs. Not because we lost a genius, inventor and entrepreneur, but we have lost a fighter who fought with death and tried to stay alive every moment. I been through a major operation 10 years ago and I truly understand how a patient feels. It was scary and it made me cry every night. The worst part was you can't cry in front of your family and friends but you only can show your toughness. I survived and I have wonderful 10 years.

Here, I will like pay my tribute to Steve Jobs, a fighter who fought death bravely. I remember his quotes while he was presenting Stanford Commencement Address in 2005 after he was cured from surgery.

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life."


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails