Friday, January 22, 2010

My FM & Mix FM Screening : The Spy Next Door


Photobucket At first I won a pair of movie tickets from Mix FM. Few days later, I got another pair of same movie from My FM but I didn't know how I get it. Anyway, I felt grateful for what I got.

spy_next_door_ver2


Release Date : 15 January 2010--->Watch on 14 January 2010 (Thursday), 9.30pm at Cathay Cineplex, E @ Curve
Language : English
Running Time : 1 hour 35 minutes
Director : Brian Levant
Cast : Amber Valletta, Billy Ray Cyrus, George Lopez, Jackie Chan, Lucas Till

My Penny of View : The movie started with a series of fights scenes of Jackie's previous movie because he was a spy. He was dating with a women named Gillian who lives next door and has three children. Jackie wanted to tell Gillian about his actual occupation which was CIA agent on their three months anniversary but interfered by an urgent message and he need to leave for his work.

The next day, Gillian has to go to visit her injured father and she asked Jackie to take care of the children. Jackie has no experience in taking care of children and he has messed thing up. Meanwhile, Ian (the second child) accidentally downloaded the highly confidential file and got Jackie who has thought to retire back to the CIA business. As we know, bad guys always defeated by the good guy, it just depends on what kind of the methods he use.

I have been watching Jackie Chan's movie since I was young. We can't deny that Jackie Chan is the icon of martial art after Bruce Lee. However, human tend to grow older. I noticed that Jackie's kung fu seems stiff and most of the stunts looks familiar (can't recall I saw them before in which movie). No doubt Jackie is a very hardworking artist, he dare to speak English although he knew he is not that good. Somehow, I think it kinda lack of scripts during the whole movie. The movie made me think of Pacifier. Other supporting actors lighten up the movie especially the cute little girl. She was really good in acting. It definitely will bring smiles to kids - and their grandparents.

Rating :
★★★☆☆

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails