Sunday, June 8, 2008

Keep It to Yourself


  1. r Don't say: "I'm still hung over from the party I went to last night."
    a Do say: "I came down with a virus on the weekend and I'm still feeling under the weather."
  2. r Don't say: "When I first met you I thought you were pompous and difficult but I was wrong - you do know how to laugh."
    aDo say: "The more I get to know you the more I enjoy your great sense of humour."
  3. r Don't say: "I'm sorry I'm late, I overslept."
    a Do say: "I'm terribly sorry I'm late - I witnessed an accident on the way to work and felt I should do the right thing and stop to give the police my account of what happened."
  4. r Don't say: "I wont's have the report finished in time."
    a Do say: "The report is finished but I'm just double checked
  5. r Don't say: "I can't stay back because I'm meeting my friend for dinner."
    a Do say: "I'd stay back, but my sister is very ill and she's asked me to go over and look after her."
  6. r Don't say: "It's so unfair - you expect me to do the job of two people."
    a Do say: "It's been an enjoyable challenge trying to to the job of two people, but in order to do my work properly I'll need a more practical workload or the assistance of a co-worker."
  7. r Don't say: "That's not what the client asked me to do - I'm sure because I was taking notes."
    a Do say: "Unfortunately we appear to have had a communication the notes I took down, what is the new directive?"
  8. r Don't say: "Why does he have a better office or computer than me?"
    a Do say: "How can I prove to you that I deserve a better office / computer?"
  9. r Don't say: "I'm so sorry - I forget to reply your email."
    a Do say: "I've been having computer problems - so I haven't received all my emails - could I trouble you to give the message to me verbally.

Myspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace Glitters Myspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace GlittersMyspace Glitters

People judge others on what they see, so if some one's being difficult, give them a reason to like you.


0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails